Saturday, January 3, 2015

Dude, You're Welcome!


Welcome back to another Jacksonville Starz blog hop! This month's challenge is a Valentine's Day challenge! I used a stamp from the Dude, You're Welcome Kit. I love this stamp because you get to fill in the blank with any word that you want! I used "LOVE," but you could say..."Need, Want, Lucky to Have,  Respect..." or any other wonderful thing that you may have to say to somebody.


Here's a side view of the card so that you can see the layers. I used Real Red for the card base then dry embossed Basic Black with the new Zig Zag embossing folder. Then I used the Project Life Cards & Labels Framelits to cut out some Silver Foil which I then embossed with the Arrows embossing folder. I used the same framelit to cut out a piece of window sheet.


I heat embossed my "I ------You" stamp in black onto the window sheet and followed that up with some Gorgeous Grunge splatter in Cherry Cobbler. I filled in the blank space with a marker. I also wanted the black embossing to pop out a bit more so I hand cut a piece of Real Red to fit behind the stamped area. Then I used dimensionals to pop up the window sheet.




If you would like to see a complete list of supplies for this card please scroll down to the bottom of this post. Thanks for joining us this month!



In case you've gotten lost along the way, or, prefer to jump around-Here is a list of all of our Jax Starz Blog Hop participants for this month:

3 comments:

  1. I love how original this is!! Great for guys! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous Valentine. I love the embossed Foil Paper....so cool! The window sheets really add just the right touch to it. Great job maria!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Maria! What a clever use of that stamp set. One of the few stamp sets I don't have... but darn it now I think I need it? Does this make us even this month?! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10